Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Golden Spoon
So about 3 months or more ago Zack and I were watching the Seinfeld episode about frozen yogurt, if you haven't seen it they find this amazing frozen yogurt place and they all can't believe it's fat free. They eat it everyday and they start gaining weight so Kramer takes it to a lab to have it tested and finds out it's not fat free. Anyway, since we saw that episode I've been craving frozen yogurt, I don't even really like frozen yogurt or ice cream but I couldn't stop thinking about the old Golden Spoon. I've honestly been looking for a good frozen yogurt for that long. We even had everyone in California looking, it's been that long. So last weekend I went down to St. George with my mom and sisters and we were driving by this shopping center and one of my sisters said 'hey look they have a Golden Spoon' I couldn't believe my ears. The next day we went back to check it out and sure enough there was a Golden Spoon, not a Golden Swirl but the actual Golden Spoon. It was like we took a step back in time and it was everything I had hoped it would be, golden spoon and all. So if you're down in St. George anytime soon, I would definitely recommend dropping in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
We've got one of those in Mesa and I've heard it's to die for! Glad you were able to taste it!
I was about to say the same thing...we have been to the one in Mesa a few times. I was pretty excited when I saw that it was Golden Spoon not Swirl.
yummmmmmmmmmm. what flavor did you get Kim? I just might have to stop by Golden Spoon this weekend!
Kimmie!!!! You KNOW I love this post....come visit me and you can dwell in the land of Tasti-D where there are 100's of flavors from Cake Batter to Rice Pudding and back:)
We saw this the last time we were in St. George too! We went to get some, and the line was looong. I would've waited if they had 2 of my favorite Golden Spoon flavors: Cherry Chocoloate and/or Spring Mint... yum. yum.
Dang, now I'm craving it too!
My sister used to work at the one on Fort Union. One night a naked dude with a shirt on his head chased her co-worker from the dumpster into the store. Luckily she was able to close the door and the naked dude went around to all of the glass windows. Luckily the store had blinds that they could close.
From the many times I used the word "Luckily" it sounds as if my sister and co-worker were pretty lucky girls that night - but they weren't.
hey, we were just there! call us next time you're in town! your cravings sound really really familiar.
memories of cottonwood mall Golden Spoon where i hung out all the time in 6th grade..... yummy.
Yay, I'm soooo glad you found one! I was actually trying to find one locally for a birthdee surpirse but to no avail. Good find Kimmie, Ahhh the taste of success and satisfaction. Yum.
Post a Comment