Wednesday, January 03, 2007

want it, need it

So I'm at the point in my life where I need to be looking for cribs and I can't get this one off of my mind. I'm hoping to start a fundraiser so our little one will have this adorable place to sleep. My advice to all you mothers to be is start saving now, even if you are not planning on having a baby anytime soon, once you start looking at all of this stuff you realize how expensive everything is. It's crazy. Since I wasn't planning on this we don't have the extra cash stashed so it looks like the dream nursery will have to be on hold but hopefully I'll at least get this piece. I need to start somewhere, right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are you due? You are going to be so cute pregnant!!! That crib is adorable.. No blog for Matt and I yet-coming soon...

Lorilee said...

That crib is darling Kim... The big questions is... are you going to want a pink or blue quilt to go inside?

Amy said...

i love the crib... this is such fun for me, picking out all of the stuff and designing the nursery! hope you are feeling well!!!!

allison said...

Kim I love that crib. It's so...YOU. I can't wait to find out if it's going to be pink or blue!

amy gretchen said...

You're talking about buying and setting up a nursery and I discussing taking ours down. It feels so weird to be in that place. I so enjoyed putting a nursery together, but your so true it can get rather expensive.

Anonymous said...

Kim... I will be your fundraising manager to get you this crib... It will be yours... promise! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats go to Kim and Zack. I had no idea.

ali said...

Wow! The crib is a popular post--but how could it not be, with one that cute/cool?

Maybe we should all invest in a woodshop class. Then we could make our own furniture and save lots of dollars. Though I don't want to sacrifice any fingers...

sarah marie. said...

i had that idea in high school ali. i was going to make a hope chest and it was not worth taking woodshop. and congratulations kim!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kim!!! I'm so happy for you guys? When are you due??

Kim said...

This was a fun post. Thanks for all the responses and congratulations, we haven't done a great job getting the word out because I'm still in shock! I'm due July 20th so I still have a long way but I'm about 3 months along. But it is exciting talking about the shopping aspect of having a baby, there are so many good things to choose from.
Ali . . .let's definitely go to woodshop, I'll protect those little fingers of yours!