Monday, January 29, 2007

Cross Country Skiing





On Saturday we went cross country skiing for our first time. We went up Millcreek canyon and it was beautiful. The snow in the first picture was crazy. It might be hard to tell but it looked like a flower patch made of snow. It was so pretty, I couldn't stop looking at it.
The skiing part was another story. I've never been on any type of skis so it was an interesting experience to begin with. I think I fell about 5 times trying to come down the mountain. It was a little steeper than I anticipated and I couldn't figure out how to stop. The wedge thing didn't really work for me because my skis kept crossing. Anyhow we made it and I think it will have to be a new winter hobby for us. Anyone want to come next time?

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

You've been tagged. Read my blog to see what you have to do!

Anonymous said...

I will start by buying a Norditrack machine and training until we move back to Utah.

Lorilee said...

I love that ice flower patch...beautiful! I'm glad you sort-of liked skiing... it's way cooler than snowboarding.

ali said...

I would love to go. Curtis and I checked out Solders Hollow a few weeks ago, just for the heck of it, and I was inspired.

Where'd you get the skiis? Is renting them affordable?

ali said...

Um, that's skis. One i.

Anonymous said...

Kim! I'm so proud of you for utilizing this weather towards your advantage. Maybe if I were a cross-country skier, I'd enjoy this frigid weather. Count me in!

Kim said...

Ali we rented our skis at REI and I think they are only like $8 so it's definitely worth it.
Let's all go this weekend???