Monday, November 27, 2006

back to work

I can't believe it's already over. Thanksgiving break has come and gone and it's time to get back to work. I'm so sad about it and I know I shouldn't be, I should be thankful that I even got a break but now looking ahead to this full week of work I don't know what to do! Does it ever get easier? I mean does anyone like going to work? I'm sure some people do and I just need one of those jobs. What are they? I've already talked to Lori about opening her own bakery so I can work there!
Oh I did bake my first dessert as mentioned in my previous post. It went really good. It was pretty easy so I can't take all the credit but I'm still getting compliments on it. I felt very proud. I only had a taste of it because there were so many other desserts I had to try and ever since just thinking about any Thanksgiving dessert or food makes me sick. We definitely stuffed ourselves to the brim with two Thanksgiving dinners. Two is less than normal for us, usually we have three and this year we were only supposed to have one so at the first dinner we ate and ate, but then we ended up heading to the next house for 'dessert' only to find a whole other Thanksgiving meal waiting for us and no one would take NO for an answer. I guess at least we have food to eat on Thanksgiving. Too bad it isn't more spread out, like over a week or so.

2 comments:

Lorilee said...

TWO THANKSGIVINGS? That's good for you Kim...hopefully it will put a little meat on your bones (even though you didn't eat any meat) hehehe. I hate being back to work too. I've been in a bad mood all day...

ali said...

I have a feeling that if it were spread over a week or two, you would only like it less! If you couldn't handle one, or even two Thanksgivings, in your case, I don't know if seven would make a good option! Haha.