Thanksgiving usually isn't my favorite holiday, in fact I could probably do without it. It's just a day of sitting around and eating until you feel like you might throw up and have to unbutton your pants so you don't. What's so fun about that? But this year is different. For some reason I'm really excited. Maybe it's because I'm getting older and spending time with our families is much more fun or maybe it's the time off of work or possibly all the good food? Probably a mix of all of these things but I am really excited.I actually even have a cooking assignment this year. That's right they put me in charge of a dessert. I'm very nervous, does this mean I'm really one of the grown-ups now? I'll have to take some pictures of my creation once I'm done . . .if it turns out that is.
I wish it was just Wednesday in the PM already. Instead I'm sitting at work in front of the computer dreaming of better days.
6 comments:
Making your own dessert?! Congrats Kim on achieveing adult level--especially on the assigment of dessert...they must really trust you--and they should! I LOVE THANKSGIVING....not only do I love eating food, but taking naps and not having to work really make this holladay one of my favorites.
Hi Kim! I also have a food assignment this year- Yams. Yams? So, if you've got any good recipes, let me know!
Yay for Thanksgiving! The holiday of lots of food.
Are you making a Pumpkin Pie?
Oops- forgot to mention- that previous post was from me...!
A day of sitting around with nothing to do but eat sounds nice to me!--it's just one day, and I know how to take advantage. So enjoy it, Kim, and good luck with the assignment. I made squash last year and though I thought it delicious, I don't think anyone save Curtis partook. Oh well.
Yams Lacey? I think Lori had to make some yams the other night. She might have some tips. I love yams.
I'm making a pumpkin dessert but it's not pumpkin pie. It has yellow cake mix plus the pumpkin and sounds really good. So we'll see.
that's exactly what i love about thanksgiving. laying around eating all day. in fact..that's my idea of heaven.
Post a Comment