Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FOUR years

Vanner is FOUR! He was way more excited about being four than getting any present. He has been waiting to be four since he turned three. He woke up the morning after and asked if he was still four (he said even though he's four he'll always be my baby . . .lucky me:)). Van is the SWEETEST little boy, I know I'm biased but I don't think he could be any sweeter. He is always telling us he loves us and giving out hugs and kisses all day. He loves his baby sis so much, he's always telling her how much and how cute she is. He'll do anything to get her to smile.
Van loves preschool and is counting down the days until he can go back. He was so excited to go everyday it was a nice little bribe for me. He is so smart and loves learning.
Right now he really wants to be an artist when he grows up. He loves sitting down at his art table and drawing.
He loves doing anything with his Dad, playing games, spider man, ironman, watching shows, playing with friends, swimming, riding bikes, playing with toys, legos, but mostly anything art related.
And yes he really does want his hair this long.


I talked to Van leading up to his birthday and told him this was an off year for parties (I'm wanting to do every other year). I told him he could pick anything he wanted to do for the whole day. He really wanted to go to build a bear and do the alpine slide. Zack didn't like my idea and insisted he have a party so I left it up to him to plan. He did a spider man surprise party. During the day we went to breakfast and then to the alpine slide and coaster (the coaster is so much fun by the way) when we got back Zack had his friends in the backyard wearing spider man masks and surprised him singing happy birthday. He was so excited. I have a video somewhere I'll find it and post it. Thanks to everyone for coming to the party, we are so lucky to have such great friends!
Aunt Holly made him a super hero cape, he loves it.





2 comments:

allison said...

What a cutie. Happy Birthday VAN!! love his cape.

anne said...

That cape is awesome! You cant buy stuff like that. I bet he wears it in his sleep. Happy Birthday Van!