Wednesday, June 02, 2010

We've got a big boy on the loose


I know I'm a bad mom but yes Van still had his binkis and he's almost three. But last week we decided no more binkis (with the help of the dentist). Van told me binkis weren't supposed to go in the garbage so he wanted to send them to his new baby cousin Eli.
Don't let this smile deceive you, it was a difficult process for all of us.
This is mostly what it looked like when he realized he really sent the binkis away and it wasn't just a fun activity.
He did get to go to target and pick out a big boy toy. He picked a spiderman scooter.

A week before he woke up one morning and said no more diapers I'm a big boy. So we went to the store and he picked out some superhero underwear (even though I tried to convince him to pick some cuter pairs he wasn't interested)

He was pretty excited, he kind of thought he was a superhero.



Potty training is NOT easy. It mostly looked like this:
And it lasted for maybe a week and now he just thinks diapers are easier (so do I). I'm trying not to push him, we'll see what happens.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

potty training and binki breaking SUCK. he sure is cute though! you're being smart by not pushing the potty training. it only makes you the kid frustrated. the binki thing is hard. macey is still attached to hers and isaac steals hers. i'm constantly telling him to take them out of his mouth. i'd love to get them out of here for good before baby comes... and we get more! good luck!

The Woolf Pack said...

I'm pretty sure every boy picks those types of underwear. Good luck with the potty training though. He'll find his way, they always do. ;)

Unknown said...

I love the action shot of Vanny outside in his undies, that is hilarious! Tell Van that Eli sure does love his new binkis! He is such a cutie pie!

camihubrich said...

I laughed out loud picturing you trying to get Van to pick out "cuter" underwear. Oh, we miss yo guys!

Lorilee said...

i can't believe he's big enough for the dentist, no binkis, and real big boy underpants.
i can't wait to see this big boy in person. he's so dang cute.

Anonymous said...

i love those photos! especially the black socks with the undies so cute!! come up soon!!

Lindsey said...

Kim he is such a doll. It's crazy how sometimes the growing up seems like it's happening all at once...
Your photos are darling and beautiful - and I love Van's too! My fave is the portrait of his toe...priceless!

ali said...

If I could wear underwear, I'd definitely go for the superhero kind, too. Good pick, Van.

And way to go on getting rid of the bink.